Wednesday, August 30, 2006




I stayed at the Harbor View Hotel in Edgartown and this fantastic flower border was planted along a path. I probably wouldn’t have put together all the colors and species but it was very effective. When annuals start growing and blooming with such reckless abandon it shows why we always try and grow them in our garden. If you look more closely, and each time I walked by this I found something new, you will see that each flower has kind of carved out its own niche. The types of flowers loosely repeat which I find a good technique for annuals and perennials. This was probably the best border I saw on my island tour but there were several others that came close. I don’t know who the gardener was that put this together and takes care of this, but I would certainly give them a plug here if I did. This border lifted my spirits and intrigued me at the same time. I think anybody that does a lot of planting would settle for that.

Here is a photo of the sunrise from the Harbor View.

No comments: