Monday, March 28, 2011

Garden Phlox

Garden Phlox
Phlox paniculata 'Nicky'
(floks) (pan-ick-yoo-LAY-tuh)

This is a tall Phlox that has a deep color. The flowers are nicely fragrant and form big trusses. A nice plant for the summer garden.

The last couple of nights have been a little uneasy for us as we made a big planting of Pansies and Andromeda last week. The temperatures just haven’t been cooperating over night. I knew it was risky but since the flowers are for a memorial service next week the work had to be done. I guess I will see if there is any cold damage to the stuff this morning.

This is a picture of some left over Chihuly glass from Fairchild Gardens.


Kala said...

All of my spring photos on the blog are from last year. We don't have any daffodils or crocus blooming yet - late season so far. Hope there's no damage to your new plantings.

Indrani said...

"Chihuly Glass" I have never seen something like this before. Amazing color and shape.

Thank you so much for helping me name the orchid. :)

Not So Simply Single said...

I salivate when I see Chihuly glass. We had a Chihuly show here in Maui about ten years ago and I fell in love with his art, so magnificent.