Thursday, September 13, 2012

Star Orchid




Reed Stem Orchid
Epidendrum cv.
(ep-ih-DEN-drum)
Synonyms: Star Orchid, Crucifix Orchid


These cute little orchids have really won me over. At first they were not impressive to me but their collection of small flowers always seems to have nice lighting and a face for the camera. We haven’t had much luck cultivating them at home but I have a feeling that is on our end and not the plants, although it is easier to blame the plants. Generally they come in a red/yellow/orange color scheme and seem very floriferous.

Our band is getting back together tonight for the first time in 6 weeks as our bass player is done lounging around the Jersey shore. I expect chaos as everyone brings in all the songs we have been learning during the break. Its time to book some gigs and that responsibility is falling in my lap.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

This is the first time I’ve seen a Star Orchid (mostly the flowers you show here are not so common here in our place). Thank you for sharing!
Oh, I hope you had a great time getting together with your band.