Saturday, February 23, 2008

Lotus Flowers


Here are two Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) flowers from this August. My archiving has reached late summer. Use this Wikipedia link to learn more about the Lotus ( click here). It is a flower I would really like to try and grow someday. There have been a few other Lotus posts on this blog and if you click the label you can find them.

Short post as I need to get back to digging out from the storm we had. Final total was about 10 inches of snow and a nice crust of ice in between. I shoveled everything once yesterday but it was a little too early and several inches of snow fell after. It is spitting a little snow today and I hope it doesn’t add up to much.


I keep quietly repeating to myself, spring is not that far away.

6 comments:

Priscilla George said...

I love lotuses and their wonderful seed pods. It would be my dream to have some one day. Great photographs as always.

Mark said...

Hi Chris,
These are quite iconic flowers, I have never seen any for real but would love to one day.

Cheers Mark

Tracy said...

They are really beautiful flowers. Wonderful pics, as always.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Those are so pretty. Love the color of the lotus flower.

Ki said...

Lovely flowers. I tried to grow several one year but failed. I guess the water has be be quite warm for it to grow. The flowers look almost too beautiful to be real and the seed pod is beautiful in its own right.

i beati said...

delicacy personified