Friday, May 23, 2008

'What A Peach' Rose


'What A Peach' Rose

I saw this strongly fragrant Miniature Shrub rose at the nursery when I was buying a 8 to 9 foot Norway Spruce. The tag said it was a Shrublet rose, which is something I hadn’t heard before. It was bigger than what I would normally call think of as a miniature rose and the final height was listed at 4.5 feet tall. The color was gorgeous and overall it had a classy and cultured look. Right after I took this picture I walked further down the line of roses and when I turned around someone was taking it home.

Christopher H. Warner bred this rose in the UK in 2000. Weeks Roses introduced it into the US in 2002.

Parentage: Laura Ford ® × Sweet Magic
Synonyms: CHEwpeachdell

2 comments:

2sweetnsaxy said...

Great shot of such a pretty rose.

i beati said...

now that is truly peach - I have several but not in that range of color.more going towards orange tones.