Saturday, December 26, 2009

Double Flowered Daylily


Double Flowered Daylily
Hemerocallis 'Frances Joiner'
(hem-er-oh-KAL-iss)

This Daylily is considered a rose blend but it looks a little more like an orange blend to me. It has won numerous awards including The Ida Munson Award for best double daylily in 1993. It has large (5.5 inches) slightly fragrant flowers that are borne on 28 inch scapes (a scape is defined as a long, leafless flower stalk coming directly from a root). ‘Frances Joiner’ is a diploid rebloomer.


Here is a link to FAQ’s about Daylilies:
Daylilies.org FAQ

That should answer a lot of the questions about Daylilies. I find it a good reference.

I hope everyone’s Christmas dreams came true. Karen got me a new Ipod, which quadruples the capacity of the old one. I also got the new Alicia Keys CD. For once I didn’t ask Santa for anything photography related. My gear seems to be in a good place. For the future I am looking towards getting the 24-70mm 2.8 Nikon lenses and the 70-200mm 2.8.

We made it through Christmas and it is now on to New Years and then to spring!

“Another fresh new year is here . . .

Another year to live!

To banish worry, doubt, and fear,

To love and laugh and give!

This bright new year is given me


To live each day with zest . . .


To daily grow and try to be

My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity


Once more to right some wrongs,

To pray for peace, to plant a tree,

And sing more joyful songs!”


William Arthur Ward (1921 – 1994)

1 comment:

SandyCarlson said...

That is a beautiful post. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.