Thursday, December 03, 2009

San Diego and the Bronx - Skywatch Friday

San Diego and the Bronx
Skywatch Friday

Last Christmas Karen got a Nikon P6000 point and shoot camera . It has pretty much been sitting around since then. I borrowed the camera three times and shot a total of 126 pictures. It is a little annoying to use but if you put up with its haughtiness it can take a good picture. Since it is 13.5 megapixels the files are huge, a 14 x 11 inch photo. These photos have been cropped and they are still big.

This was picture #53 and it is the Crystal Pier in Pacific Beach, California. The little houses on the right side of the picture are actually hotel rooms. The hotel uses the slogan “come sleep over the ocean” and it is true. It was in easy walking distance of the house we rented in February.

Crystal Pier Hotel

The other pictures are from Wave Hill in the Bronx last weekend. The Conservatory is small but sweet and there are always some interesting botanical delights inside. One part has the Cactus collection and one wing has the tropical more humid stuff. The middle room has an Acacia tree and a lot of seasonal plants.


The second shot is looking off the main lawn, westward, towards the Hudson River and the Palisades of New Jersey. I am going to try and give a little mini-review of the P6000 tomorrow. In the meantime visit more skies from around the world:
SkyWatch Friday Home Page

9 comments:

Guy D said...

I love that first shot of the pier, great depth and colour.

All the best
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Kim, USA said...

Wow nice shots you've got there. And the sky is so blue I bet you have a good weather down San Diego...what is that in the last picture is that an island or a mountain?

My SkyWatchFriday-Sunset

Larry D said...

Wonderful photos!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Great SkyWatch photos! The first is my favorite. When I first saw it, I thought to myself that I want to go there.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

DFP: Neat shots of the blue skies in your photos.

Maia T said...

Beautiful blue skies in your photos.
I like the river view and it's colors in the last photo.
I admired your lovely flower photos too.
Have a nice day.

Gunilla said...

Great blue skies.
Thanks for sharing

Gunilla , Sweden

Jossie said...

Wonderdul pictures.

Carletta said...

Beautiful images!
I'd love sleeping over the ocean - what a neat idea.