Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Angelina Stonecrop (Sedum rupestre ’Angelina’ )



Angelina Stonecrop
Sedum rupestre ’Angelina’
(SEE-dum) (rue-PES-tree)

This picture was taken at Wave Hill Gardens in the Bronx. The plant was gorgeous, a real splash of color. I think it would mix well with dark colored foliage plants. Sedums can be a fast spreader so you have to watch it. It is easy to root or new plants can be gained by division. Sedums like full sun and well drained soil. I often plant the low growing Sedums in cracks in garden paths or along the edge of stonework. That shows they can grow in some pretty crummy spots.

I started a new job on Thursday. It is a garden that I have been working on a long time and everything in the front foundation planting is wildly overgrown. I have to move about 12 five foot by five foot Azaleas and assorted other plants. Its hard work but looks a lot nicer when the plants are pulled apart. I am trying to resist running out and getting some new plants for some of the spaces I have made.

I have been keeping track of what I have been shooting by taking a picture of the plant sign or tag. I used to write them down until I got the D70s and it writes all over the card. The pictures are often out of order. I found this to be a much easier way to remember the plants name.

No comments: