Sunday, December 10, 2006

‘Lemon Snow’ Poinsettia



‘Lemon Snow’ Poinsettia
Euphorbia pulcherrima
(yoo-FOR-bee-uh) (pul-KAIR-ih-muh)
Just a quick post as I just got home from an overnight at Longwood Gardens. I am sure I will have more to say about my visit to the gardens later. This Poinsettia really was yellow. It is called ‘Lemon Snow’ and was with a big collection of what are considered novelty cultivars of Poinsettia. Whatever they are calling it the color was really beautiful. The plant looked good with dark green foliage and stout branching habit.

I chose this picture because I took it with my newly fixed Coolpix 8400. They seemed to have fixed everything. One thing I had to do was go through all the menus to get back all of my custom settings. I figure if the camera offers these setting I should go ahead and use them. They cleaned the camera up and it looks like new. One think I love about this camera is the wide-angle lens. This picture of the Conservatory at Longwood of illustrates the lens feature a little.

No comments: