Friday, April 15, 2011

Slender Deutzia


Slender Deutzia
Deutzia gracilis
(DOOT-zee-uh) (GRASS-il-is)

Since we use a lot of Deutzia it is always fun when it blooms near the end of May. It can be used as low-mounded shrub or as a flowering ground cover (it only takes light shearing to keep it really low). There are several types and cultivars available but I think this is my favorite. It is a tough, problem solving plant. A real classic!


This is the new gold foliage version of Slender Deutzia called ‘Chardonnay Pearls®’. I really want to try some.

I am not sure what these buds are from I just liked the star shape at the end of them. This picture should have a larger Depth of Field.

2 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

I love Deutzia. I have a pink one that bloomed for the first time last year and I was totally won over. (I had been afraid it was too cold for it to flower here.)

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

I have Nikko, first time I have had a Deutzia, love it. I thought about Chardonnay Pearls too. maybe....??