Thursday, April 28, 2011

Triandrus Narcissus


Triandrus Narcissus
Narcissus 'Thalia'
(nar-SIS-us)
Synonyms: Angel's Tears

The Estate has a large Daffodil collection. It is planted in kind of loose groups not big masses. Of all the varieties this one is one of my favorites. The color is really a pure white and the flowers seem to bloom in groups. A very showy cultivar that I wished I had at least tried a shot in monochrome. There were a lot of flowers out in the garden but not too much time to concentrate on trying to get good pictures of them.


Double Flowered PJM Rhododendron Hybrid
Rhododendron ‘Weston’s Pink Diamond’

This plant has been discussed on this blog before. It seemed that this year it is more loaded with flowers than ever before. It is really just an explosion of pink. I shot this with a shallow depth of field to blur the background and it worked.

Tomorrow a little bit about our foray into the NYC gardening market.

2 comments:

Kala said...

Love the solid white daffodils. We don't have those here (at least I've not seen them)

online florist melbourne said...

I have never heard of these flower names since I can't even seen them here in Melbourne.Thanks so much for your information and lovely photos.