Monday, April 02, 2012

Bermuda Beach Petunia Hybrid



Petunia Hybrid
Petunia 'Supertunia Bermuda Beach'
(peh-TEWN-ya)

To celebrate our 2,000th post here on Digital Flower Pictures.com here is a brightly colored Petunia. These days due to the colorful, low maintenance habits of Petunias they have once again gotten on the “okay to plant list”. The Proven Winners selection of ‘Bermuda Beach’ is a low spreading type of Petunia that keep blooming all season. Now we have already seen a couple of slugs out this year and they are the absolute nemesis of Petunias. So that will have to watched carefully and if the slug population explodes like it can some years that will require a lessening of the use of Petunias this year.

I can’t believe this blog has gone on for as long as it has. Thanks to all the interesting people joining and commenting. Sometimes I just want to stop posting because of the time involved but it hasn’t happened yet. This site keeps me wanting to take my camera out everyday and that is a pretty amazing boost to get out there shooting. I hope you have enjoyed the flowers and other pictures that have been posted and maybe, like me, have learned something along the way.

3 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

I am in awe of the number of posts you have done!!
I for one appreciate your photos, great blooms.

i beati said...

blue highlights love the rose below

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Thanks Janet and Sandy.