Friday, April 27, 2007

Narcissus 'Barrett Browning'


Narcissus 'Barrett Browning'
(nar-SIS-us)

This is a nice classic type of Daffodil. The Daffodils seem fine after that crazy winter we had, it seems to be one of their finer years. The tips of the foliage got singed by the cold but on most types this really doesn’t take away from the flowers. ‘Barrett Browning’ is just one of the hundreds of types of Daffs blooming right now at work. It classified as division 3, which are small-cupped daffodils of garden origin. See more about the classifications of Daffodils on this previous post .

I decided to take some Daffodil shots despite the fact the poor flower has been photographed practically to death. I tried a few abstracts with not much success. I have put myself on a bit of a picture diet. I am only allowing 48 pictures (I figure that is 2 rolls of film) per outing so I have try and make the abstracts count.



This other picture is from a shrub that I saw at the NYBG. I featured Buttercup Winterhazel (Corylopsis pauciflora) awhile back and that is a nice shrub it doesn’t, however, compare to the beauty of the Chinese Winter Hazel (Corylopsis sinensis). Maybe it was just the huge patch that was in flower that literally took my breath away as I rounded the corner at the end of the Daffodil and Daylily Walk. That has been the best thing I think I have seen all season.

No comments: