Tuesday, May 01, 2007

3 Kind of Random Botanical Photos



Well I can see that I am going to have trouble updating this space everyday. I have a mountain of work to do. I think that one or two days a week I might just post a couple or three photos without a lot of explanation. I have been doing well with the pictures but don’t even have time to process them. Some maybe outtakes or abstracts.

Yesterday I spent fertilizing some broadleaf evergreens that had some winter burn. I was using a soil drench of Sprint 330 and some granular for acid loving plants. This seems to help after a lot of winter damage. I broadcast my granular after I found no difference in the effectiveness over punching holes in the ground and filling them with the fertilizer.

I have 3 estimates to be finished and 3 to send this morning. I have another couple that I am getting started on and are just in the planning stage. I know what is going to happen I will probably get most of the work and then I will be really busy. Lucky I have quite a few customers on email so I can send them at night if I have to. I am not complaining, this is the life that I chose.




The first picture is a Euphorbia seed head. It is a nice plant but seeds fairly heavily.

The second picture is an emerging Fiddlehead, I am not sure of the species.

The third and last picture is the buds of Syringa vulgaris ‘Dwight D. Eisenhower’. It is so ready to bloom. It was one of the first multi pedaled ‘Rochester’ hybrids.




**

1 comment:

Ki said...

It is hard to keep up isn't it? The number of photos increase on my blog and the verbiage decrease as the growing season comes on. As usual wonderful photos. The Euphorbia seedhead looks very interesting closeup. I love macros because you see things you normally wouldn't pay much attention to.