Monday, October 12, 2009

Passionate Kisses Rose


Floribunda Rose
Rosa 'Passionate Kisses'

Yesterday I went to the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx since my membership renewal came during the week. The garden was in beautiful shape and while next weekend and the weekend after will be better for fall foliage there were plenty of flowers to be shot. My little photographic goal was to get a least a few pictures of roses that hadn’t been posted here before. The Peggy Rockefeller Rose Garden still had a lot flowers. It was a little disappointing that it was so windy but the wind kept blowing these blasts of rose scent over me. At one point I felt a little light headed and overwhelmed by the heavenly fragrance.


‘Passionate Kisses’ had a really bright color that was almost shimmering as the flowers were being tossed about in the wind. Its registration name is ‘Meizebel' and it was introduced in 1998 by Meilland International.

There was only one of the 2010 AARS rose selections that I could find. It is called ‘Easy Goes It’ and it is a small statue rose with a great orange color. After getting home and looking at this page I realized that there was only one winner selected for 2010. Click the link to find out more about ‘Easy Goes It’.


We had a freeze warning for last night but it only got down to 33 degrees (F). It certainly is coming soon.

It is going to be a busy week.

6 comments:

Joanne said...

Lovely rose photos I have posted a couple of post back on roses they are a passion of mine.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

The song just popped into my head when I read your title. What a pretty rose. Is this the one that was so fragrant?

Adrienne Zwart said...

Beautiful rose photos!

Magdalena said...

Beatiful roses and lovley shot's

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Thanks for all the great comments.

Janet I am guessing that there were at least a couple of thousand roses blooming at the NYBG. The smell was coming from everywhere. I probably had some pollen on my nose for all the snfffing :lol: Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!

Toyota Middle East said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.