Sunday, October 11, 2009

Robinson's Painted Daisy


Robinson's Painted Daisy
Tanacetum coccineum 'Robinson's Mix'
(TAN-uh-SEE-tum) (kok-SIN-ee-um)
Synonyms: Pyrethrum coccineum

For the first time in a long time we had some Painted Daisies in the cutting garden this year. I had all but given up on their cultivation but they produced well and since the flowers were constantly being cut the flowers kept coming. They have even had a little resurgence this fall. The flower is a real classic and most of my ‘mix’ was pink. The foliage on this plant is an added bonus. Finely cut and kind of ferny and a nice shade of green it looked good all season.

There is a lot of information on Painted Daisies here. The website killerplants.com is a lot of fun and has a wealth of information on plants.

This is a black and white picture of Dahlia ‘Vancouver’. It is nice this time of year as the flower gets a darker red later in the season.

10 comments:

i beati said...

I want that for my garden

DeniseinVA said...

Your flowers are gorgeous, beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing them and thanks also for the information link. I need all the help I can get :)

Carletta said...

Gorgeous!
What a wonderful little weaved pattern that bud is.
The B&W Dahlia is an awesome shot showing off each layered petal.

Regina said...

What an amazing tiny bloom.
Wonderful.

Regina

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

your shots(all, and not ONLY the first)are very special...U have different eyes for to give more life to the photo...U are different from many people....you have style...believe me...

congrats




This week, I am guest at the FLOWERS FROM TODAY and I am here for to congratulate you for you to be part of our group. Your photos give more charm, color, class, life and light to the TF. Thank u very much, dearest.
http://graceolsson.com/blog/2009/10/flowers-to-ebie-lasola-at-flowers-from-today/

Digital Flower Pictures said...

There was a little confusion about the Today's Flower site earlier today. I didn't know if the site was working so I didn't put a link in the post.

Today's Flowers Home Page may be found here

misti said...

I love the colors on that first shot. Very deep and a nice contrast.

diane b said...

Lovely shots of lovely flowers. I would love to have your knowledge of gardening.

SandyCarlson said...

The daisy bud is very lovely. I feel like sitting here and waiting for it to blossom!

January Zelene said...

beautiful tiny daisy bud! Nice photo shoot too!