Monday, December 06, 2010

Yellow Lilies


Yellow Lilies
Lilium
(LIL-ee-um)

This picture was stuck in an unrelated folder and I really can’t remember where or even when it was taken. According to the digital information it was shot 1/11/09 with the D700 and the 60m lens. That doesn’t make a lot of sense unless it was from a bunch of cut flowers. Anyway I thought it was a nice way to start of the week and I hope the sun shines this bright wherever you may be.

It is suppose to be really cold all week here. Everything will be kind of building up to Friday night when Karen, Erika and I attend the z100 Jingle Ball concert at Madison Square Garden. Finally I will get to see my hero Selena Gomez performing in concert. Paramore and Katy Perry are also of interest to me. Of course Erika is looking forward to seeing Justin Beiber. Selena while young is just a nice person and the kind of person that makes me proud to be an American. She is beautiful, talented, hard working, charitable and has a great sense of style. It will also be nice to be in Manhattan during the holidays.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers.Greetings Andrzej.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

They are nice and sunny lilies. Have to give some serious thought as to a place for some lilies in my garden.
Have a great time at Madison Square Garden.

Dejemonos sorprender said...

Mmmm, so beautiful.. i love that yellow color.. very pleasant..

Christine said...

It's not sunny in my garden at the moment, so your dazzling yellow lilies have brought a bit of sunshine in.
It sounds like you're starting the holidays off very well. Have fun!

Kala said...

Wonderful to see these flowers blooming in the sunshine (although that date doesn't seem right as you've mentioned). Thank you for posting this shot because it is horribly cold & dreary here!

Becky Jane said...

Your pictures are making me wish for spring...too far away!
I am following, hope you can stop by for a visit!

Thanks, Becky Jane
Raising kids can be a lot like weeding the rose bed...well worth it, but...OUCH!
http://myelevenreasons.blogspot.com/