Monday, March 05, 2012

Backlit Spring Daffodils



Backlit Spring Daffodils
Narcissus
(nar-SIS-us)
  
From a little group of photos that I was experimenting how to take pics of backlit flowers. This was shot with only natural lighting and I had to get out there early to capture them. The date says they were photographed on April 13th so we still have a little time to go.

I hope to be attending the Orchid Show at the NYBG tomorrow. That should prove fun and with the plant collections in the garden there should be something blooming outside too.




"But each spring...a gardening instinct, sure as the sap rising in the trees, stirs within us. We look about and decide to tame another little bit of ground."
Lewis Gantt

3 comments:

MarieElizabeth said...

Very lovely, I can't wait to see more of those around here!

lina@women's perspectives said...

Very lovely!

Kimberly said...

I love the second image! The color is beautiful.