Friday, March 30, 2012

Morning Glory





Morning Glory
Ipomoea purpurea 'Grandpa Ott's'
(ip-oh-MEE-a) (pur-PUR-ee-uh)

I have to admit the color of this flower is very enchanting to me. Truly a sight to see in the morning when the vine is covered with hundreds of flowers each reflecting the sun in their own way. It has seeded itself but not in a malicious way just enough to keep enjoying it year after year. Some control was used on the plants last year but that was more to keep the size in check. There is some wild Morning Glory in the garden some of which is allowed to grow, I have found it to be an onerous and formidable opponent and realize that we are just going to have to live with it.

Our wild and whacky weather continues. Lucky most everything bounced back from the freeze of a couple nights ago. We had a cold night last night but not freezing. When I got home from work on Wednesday I noticed my front and back yard was covered with something white. Turns out we had about an inch of gravel sized hail.  Have to add it’s supposed to snow tonight with a dusting by morning. What a roll coaster!

2 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

That is a lot of hail!!!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

At least I didn't have to shovel it. Thank goodness the leaves aren't out. That would have shredded them.