Friday, March 16, 2012

Peach Daylily



Peach Daylily
Hemerocallis cv.
(hem-er-oh-KAL-iss)

Quick post before I am off to work. This peach colored Daylily is balancing off the cold gray day we are having here. Work has been kicking my butt but it feels good to be out in the garden again.

Daylilies are so amazing. I didn’t catch the cultivar name of this one but I remember shooting this picture on Long Island and it was close to 100 degrees out. The flowers still looked fresh and appealing. Summer will soon be here and that is a good feeling.

As most readers know my favorite Pop Star is Selena Gomez. She is filming a movie called “Spring Breakers” in Florida right now and from what I have heard it going to be fairly racy for a Sel movie. She is about to make the tough transition from Disney star to adult actress. I am sure she is going to do it with her usual grace and style. This video is 45 minutes long but explores Selena’s rise from a poor kid in Texas to the top of the pops. I found it interesting and inspiring.


2 comments:

i beati said...

lovely

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for that lily portrait! As always, I love the way the light highlights the texture. Such an elegant flower.