Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Jupiter Inlet


Jupiter Inlet
Jupiter, Florida

Jupiter is a nice town and I loved the Lighthouse. Standing 105 feet tall the Lighthouse gives a sweeping panoramic view of the Jupiter Inlet and the Loxahatchee River. It was fun seeing Florida from this high up since everything is so flat. I didn’t spend too much time in the Museum but is was a nice building with a few interesting exhibits. Of note was the Banyan Tree (Ficus benghalensis) on the property. It is quite a bit smaller than the one in Lahaina's Courthouse Square (on Maui) but impressive just the same. I have been working on my pictures and updating my other site with some more Florida pictures.



The Lighthouse is located on a Coast Guard Base (just housing) and is still active. It can be seen 18 miles out to sea.

No comments: