Sunday, May 06, 2012

Lutea Tropical Hibiscus



Tropical Hibiscus
Hibiscus rosa-sinensis 'Lutea'
(hi-BIS-kus) (RO-sa-sy-NEN-sis)

There seems to be a little discrepancy with the naming of this plant. It’s funny that I am so used to be able to zero in on a plant’s identity from its binomial name that it confuses me when a plant doesn’t fit in. This picture was taken in the parking lot of a local nursery. Fresh off the truck from California and still blooming! The flower colors were really outstanding and very eye catching.

I tend to feel guilty about taking a day off from this blog but it sometimes necessary. It is part of life now and I always try and make time for it. Today I hope to go out and take some new flower pictures. I call it “feeding the blog”. The light around here hasn’t been great but hopefully today will be a little better. Bonus flower snapshot for Sunday. This picture could have been awesome if I took a little more time with the set up. Even after some Photoshop work it is still under exposed.


4 comments:

Luna Miranda said...

this yellow hibiscus is abundant here in the Philippines. the second photo is beautiful, too. love the vibrant yellow.

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

I've nver seen a mum like that yellow one, or the red and yellow hibiscus, for that matter. Cool plants, and of course, photos. I really like your phrase, "feeding the blog." Absolutely!

Modern Mom said...

Gorgeous hibiscus!

Tiger Lilies

lina@women said...

Love them both. Lovely colors and blooms :)