Saturday, June 20, 2009

Tahiti Sunrise Dahlia


Decorative Dahlia
Dahlia 'Tahiti Sunrise'
(DAHL-ya)

This is one from the 2009 Dahlia garden at work. It was an impulse buy and wasn’t even in flower when purchased. It has turned out all right so far. We have been enjoying all the different color combinations and shadings in the flowers. It is suppose to top out at 36 inches tall and it is close to that already so we will see what the final height is but I think it is going to be a little higher than listed. This flower is aptly named as it does remind me of a sunset. It is considered a Semi Cactus type and you can see that a little on the background flower.


Spring is over and summer starts again. Here in Connecticut the weather has been absolutely miserable and we having the 7th wettest June on record. It is one of the wettest I can remember and more rain is forecast for today. We are again planting a lot of Impatiens and I hope to get them in before the deluge.

3 comments:

ChrisJ said...

Love those colors and love that name!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Hi Chris,

I am going to come over and see the Husky pictures. I have to admit the name got me to buy it. This time I wasn't disappointed.

Misti said...

Those are magnificent colors. They do look like a cactus flower a little.

Do they smell?