Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Red Cactus Dahlia on Ruby Tuesday

Red Cactus Dahlia on Ruby Tuesday

If you are here for WW please scroll down to the next post.

Since the teach asked me to join up for her meme ‘Ruby Tuesday’ I got this picture of a Red Cactus Dahlia yesterday.


This second flower is Dianthus ‘Ruby Tuesday’ and I had to really crop it down to get rid of some annoying background elements. I don’t think out of the thousands of flowers pictures I have posted on this site one has ever appeared with a square crop. The flower had started to go by a little but I still thought it funny when I was looking to shoot a picture for this post an actual flower named Ruby Tuesday was there.

9 comments:

Juliana RW said...

Beautiful red flowers

My post, just click here Thanks

maryt/theteach said...

Oh Digital, you've done an excellent job on your beautifully photographed flowers! Thank you for joining Ruby Tuesday! I have to tell the people back at the "Ruby Tuesday" post to come see your Ruby Tuesday flower! :D

Mom2fur said...

I love dahlias, but I've never seen one like that. It's amazing! I love all your photos. I'm doing something over at my blog where I'm trying to link to a blog in all 50 states--you are my Connecticut!

Raven said...

Beautiful photos... All your photos are beautiful, though. What a lovely garden you have planted here.

Ladynred said...

Those are gorgeous flowers!
Mine's up!

Kimmie said...

Hi Digital!
What gorgeous RED flowers you posted. All your flowers are so pretty, I am going to have to come back during a quiet evening later this week and read all about them.

Happy RT!
Smiles,
Kimmie

Wendy said...

Beautiful! Hope you enjoy mine too!
http://robinswoods.blogspot.com/

Carletta said...

Lovely flowers - so appropriate this Ruby Tuesday one!

Priscilla George said...

That dianthus is a gorgeous color. It has some nice cool hues in there. The dahlia has a great shape to it. I have issues capturing reds but you do a wonderful job.