Friday, June 27, 2008

Roman Chamomile


Roman Chamomile
Chamaemelum nobile
(kam-AY-mel-um) (no-BIL-ee)

This was a cute little patch of a Roman Chamomile I saw growing in Stamford. This plant has quite a storied history and many medicinal uses. I would like to try some in the cracks of stonework sometime.

I am away to Caribou, Maine for the weekend. There probably won’t be any internet access so I am going to try and set up a post for later in the weekend using the auto-post feature of Blogger for the first time. Should be quite an adventure! Have a nice weekend everyone.

If you want to know more about this plant try this page:
Moutain Valley Growers/Chamomile

2 comments:

i beati said...

did not realize it was so lovely - cool in Maine ??

SandyCarlson said...

Are you loving Maine? I hope so. Thanks for the scoop on these flowers I would have called "daisies."