Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Red Rose on Ruby Tuesday


Red Rose on Ruby Tuesday

Floribunda Rose ‘Show Biz

This rose was actually mismarked as ‘Sheer Bliss’ in the rose garden. After some research I figured out it was ‘Show Biz’. There three of these plants in opposite ends of the garden and all of them are doing well. It is really a heavy bloomer and has some of the reddest new growth I have seen. It always seems to have a lot of flowers and buds. One thing that is great about ‘Show Biz’ is that it stays short, about 20 inches tall. Somebody had enough sense to plant it in the front row so the taller roses don’t block it.

Exhibition name: ‘Showbiz
Registration name: TANweieke
Synonyms: Bernhard Däneke Rose, Ingrid Weibull
Breeder: Mathias Tantau, Germany (1981)
Parentage: Parentage: ‘Dream Waltz’ × ‘Marlena
All-America Rose Selection, 1985
Royal National Rose Society (RNRS), Gold Medal, 1985

Yesterday was a funny day. We have been working planting a huge garden. I was hired as an installer for my brother’s new design firm. Things started out a little slow but we have hit our stride and yesterday we really planted a lot of things. When I got home I thought my camera was broken since it wouldn’t turn on. It turned out the battery was dead but I didn’t know that before I ordered this
Sigma 24mm f/1.8 EX Aspherical DG DF Macro lens . I also ordered some batteries, one for the D70 and one for the Coolpix 8400, a 2 GB Compact Flash card and a sensor cleaning kit. My wife was saying “Why are you ordering a lens when your camera is broken?” I just had faith. Then I figured out my camera wasn’t broken so it worked out. Right after ordering the lens I checked my email and saw that there was an order for two 16 by 20 inch museum canvas prints, which covered the cost of the lens. If the person who ordered these is a reader of this blog I would like to say thanks, you really made my day! All in all a pretty good day.

11 comments:

Dianne said...

A rose and red just go hand in hand. Red should thank the rose for making it famous!

and the petunias below!! that is just sheer beauty.

congrats on your sale and on all your new fun stuff.

ellen b. said...

Glad all is well with your camera. That is a beautiful photograph of that red rose!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I have roses and petunias amongst my mostly wild or native flowers because they have been beloved gifts good shot:)

Karen Coutu said...

What a beautiful shade of red! Great shot!!

Raven said...

It's just a joy to scroll down the page here. Everything is so beautiful. And I think whoever labelled that rose sheer bliss was onto something. Just beautiful!

Askew To You said...

Beautiful Ruby Tuesday shot. :D

maryt/theteach said...

Digital Flower, a perfect shot of a gorgeous rose! The buds in the background are beautiful too! A perfect Ruby Tuesday post! Thank you!

Ladynred said...

That's a gorgeous red rose! love it.
Home and Garden

Tink *~*~* said...

Lovely roses, thanks for the identification information. And congrats on selling the prints - I love it when it all comes together like that. I guess The Universe really does know what it's doing :D

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

i beati said...

small honorarium for you on my blog

Anonymous said...

Good Job!: )