Friday, May 13, 2011

Common Lilac


Common Lilac
Syringa vulgaris
(si-RING-gah) (vul-GAIR-iss)
Synonyms: French Lilac

Well in the category of you learn something every day yesterday I found out French and Common Lilacs are the same. I guess it is just a kind of something that doesn’t matter but I like trying to keep the names of the flowers straight. Although there is another plant with the common name French Lilac it’s scientific name is Galega officinalis.

This is a nice French/Common Lilac blooming at the Estate now. The color is a little different than most but pleasant. It is always fun to take a picture of a lilac because you can enjoy the smell at the same time. They can be a little frustrating to grow and seem to be specific in the sites they like to grow in. If they are happy than it is no problem if they struggle it can go on for years with less than satisfying results.

We are going to see the great guitarist Ottmar Liebart tonight at the local concert venue. The tickets were a gift a of a gardening client. I am looking forward to relaxing.

Blogger is messed up every morning it seems. I hope they are not going back to their old ways.

1 comment:

i beati said...

send me a sprig I miss it so sandy