Sunday, May 22, 2011

Golden Chain Tree




Golden Chain Tree
Laburnum anagyroides
(la-BURN-um) (an-a-gy-RO-id-eez)

This tree represents a small personal victory for me. After several attempts of trying to cultivate this plant it seems I have finally done it. When something like this happens I look back on my other experiences with Laburnum and think it was the other trees were planted in an exposed winter site. They don’t seem to like that. The tree in the photos in also planted in a slightly shady area. Well it certainly brightened my day when from across the garden this beauty’s siren was calling me.


For more flower pictures from around the world check out:
Today’s Flowers . The links open at 1400 GMT.

Bonus flower for today. This table of Stocks sure looked and smelled beautiful.


Garden Stock
Matthiola incana 'Vintage Mix'
(ma-the-OH-luh) (in-KAN-nuh)
Synonym: Ten-week Stock

7 comments:

Rajesh said...

Very beautiful flowers.

Anonymous said...

The Indian laburnums are blooming here too. These are beautiful shots. I was introduced to stocks only recently and i loved the! Love their spicy scent!

Unknown said...

this looks similar to the Golden Shower Tree...gorgeous flowers!

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

I've always enjoyed golden rain trees!

Karen said...

Congratulations...that's a beautiful tree.

Photos by Stan said...

Lovely shots --lovely blog. Kudos--

Kala said...

I haven't seen this tree before - what beautiful blossoms it has!