Monday, May 02, 2011

Red Zonal Geranium


Zonal Geranium
Pelargonium x hortorum 'Calliope Dark Red'
(pe-lar-GO-nee-um) (hor-TOR-um)

This was one of the many nice geranium cultivars that one of our wholesale suppliers was growing this spring. I liked the deep color and compact habit.

The annuals are really starting to hit the market now, which is good thing for us. The temperatures are not really cooperating as it has dipped down to the 30’s (F) here the last couple of nights. I need to temper my enthusiasm for planting outdoors but May 1 is always an important date for our gardens here although our last frost date is May 24th I don’t remember it happening that late for many years.

1 comment:

Espana said...

I’m a huge fan already, man. You’ve done a brilliant job making sure that people understand where you’re coming from. And let me tell you, I get it. Great stuff and I can’t wait to read more of your blogs. What you’ve got to say is important and needs ti be read.