Wednesday, January 10, 2007

'Garden Party' Hybrid Tea Rose



1960 AARS winner ‘Garden Party’ is a hybrid tea rose. It was bred by Howard C. Swim from Charlotte Armstrong x Peace. This rose has impressive parents and can count among its 75 offspring the venerable ‘Double Delight’ rose. ‘Garden Party’ has delicate pink and yellow shading but it is really more like a white rose to me. The flowers are large with a petal count of 28. It is still available commercially and I have been wracking my brain as to where I saw it growing. I don’t remember but it was somewhere locally, I think.

I have been using the Help me find Roses web site for much of my information. It is an amazing site that has just about everything about roses including 1000’s of pictures. Someone over there was kind of to put a link to my website, http://digitalflowerpictures.com, on their links page and I have been getting a lot of visitors from it. I noticed I still need 5 years of pictures to fill out my 1960’s collection of AARS selections. It is funny I have more 1940’s winners than I do 1960’s. Tomorrow, a 1970’s winner.

No comments: