Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Chappy Groundcover Rose

Groundcover Rose
Rosa 'Happy Chappy'
Synonyms: INTERhappy, INTerpachy, TG2480
Parentage… Seedling × INTerdust

Although this rose is technically a groundcover rose the only two times I have seen it was in a small tree form and growing in a container. It was looking good both times even though it was well into the season. The range of colors was quite interesting and the shading on the blooms was intricate. Both owners of this rose reported good to excellent disease resistance and the foliage looked pretty clean to me. The only complaint was periods of non-blooming but I must have just caught the plants during a happy time. This rose was impressive to me even though I am not a big fan of tree roses.

Peter Ilsink of the Netherlands bred ‘Happy Chappy’ in 1999. It made its way to the United States via Jackson and Perkins in 2007. It has a slight fragrance and a pedal count of 5.

To see more flowers from all over the world at Today’s Flowers . The page opens for linking later today.

As usual here is a bonus flower for Sunday. This Tropical Hibiscus was blooming at the Central Park Zoo yesterday. I had both the D700 and the P6000 cameras. This one was actually taken in monochrome with the little P6000. Now that I getting the hang of the little camera I really like it. It is pretty dependable to take at least a usable photograph but quite often exceeds my expectations.


I hadn’t been to the CP Zoo in many, many years. Since it was my little nephew’s first time in Manhattan we thought that would be a good destination. He really enjoyed it and was happy to take his first train ride ever. Our 5-year-old grand daughter also accompanied us and a good time was had by all.

10 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Really very beautiful.

vincibene said...

Beautiful picture with wonderful colours!

lotusleaf said...

Black and white picture of the hibiscus is very dramatic.

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely flowers, lovely photos and I enjoyed that black and white one so much. Thanks for sharing and have a great week.
An English Girl Rambles

Cher' Shots said...

I LOVE the colors it displayed. WOW ~ and the black and whites are always such a wonderful contrast.
Thanks for sharing.

EG CameraGirl said...

Happy Chappy sure is a beauty!

Carletta said...

Happy Chappy certainly fits this sherbert colored beauty.
The image of the hibiscus is quite attractive in monochrome. Nice lighting.

eileeninmd said...

It is a beautiful rose, I would love to have this in a container on my deck.

Arija said...

Delightful B&W of the hibiscus and a very pretty Happy Chappy portrait.

Autumn Belle said...

Great shots of lovely flowers.