Tuesday, September 19, 2006




Bottlenose Dolphin
Tursiops truncates

I am posting from Las Vegas, Nevada. I have been enjoying my time here but there just isn’t enough plant life to keep me truly happy. Since I am not much of gambler, my biggest gamble is putting my seeds out too early or trying to grow something out of its zone, there isn’t a lot to do. I did get to Red Rock Canyon, the Valley of the Fires and Lake Mead. The Hoover Dam was closed when I went out there, which was disappointing. It reopened today but I won’t have enough time to get out there since I am going to a wedding today. I have never been to wedding during the week before. I don’t think I have ever heard of a Tuesday wedding. It is on top of the Stratosphere Hotel so that should be cool.

Yesterday I went to the Mirage Hotel. They actually had a nice garden and a lot of plants in the public areas inside. I felt instantly better as I got under the canopy of the trees and smelled the greenery around me. I went to the Secret Garden and it was wonderful. It also has the Dolphin pools. This particular Dolphin swam right up to me and posed for a picture. I swear he knew I had a camera. I return to Connecticut tomorrow, fall starts on Saturday!

No comments: