Sunday, September 10, 2006




I am not really sure what the name of this plant is. It was growing in the greenhouse at the Bartlett Arboretum. It kind of looked like a cross between an Allium and Amaryllis. The foliage was strap like and it looked like a bulb at the base. The flower itself was lovely, it didn’t appear to have much in the way of petals or sepals. It was all anthers and white filaments. It gave an over all nice appearance. Maybe somebody visiting here can tell what it is. Though they may not be able to tell from my crummy description. I probably won’t be out taking too many photographs today as I have a big design to work on. That is always a bit stressful because I want to come up with something brilliant but not too expensive ;-). Some designers have kind of a rubber stamp philosophy but I like to try and match the plants to the property, the people and their lifestyle.

No comments: