Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Black-crowned Night Heron (Nycticorax nycticorax)


Black-crowned Night Heron
Nycticorax nycticorax

This is a Black-crowned Night Heron picture that I took at the Wakodahatchee Wetlands in Delray (thanks again for the shooting tips, Stewart). Part of the attraction of going to Florida is seeing all the birds and wildlife. It is always fun to try and shoot some bird pictures only the subjects are usually not cooperative and require a long and fast lens. You can see how close I was to this fellow as I used the D80 and a 60mm lens! Here is a link to more information on this bird .

Just a short post as I am going to work today (Hooray!!!) I can’t wait to get my hands dirty. I am not sure exactly what needs to done in the garden right now but I will find something. I looked at some pictures I took last year on March 15th and we were way ahead compared to this year. I am just hoping for a normal, average Spring. It is going to be a couple of weeks before I start getting any flower or garden pictures here in Connecticut.

3 comments:

Ki said...

Wow the bird was amazingly tame. Great shot!

Unknown said...

Wonderful shot! :)

I had a day like you today... I went outside not knowing exactly what I was going to do, but planning to find something. I ended up asking myself where I could do the least amount of damage, so I ended up cleaning up the bad stuff around my hardiest plants (artemisia, Siberian iris) and pulling weeds. What kind of garden work did you find?

Digital Flower Pictures said...

blackswamp_girl: Happy Spring, I think. I was able to cut down some of the large Ornamental Grasses that I didn't get to last year. I also pruned some of the Privets.