Monday, March 12, 2007

Trumpet Daffodil 'King Alfred'


Trumpet Daffodil 'King Alfred'

I have dipped into the archive for this one. By archive I mean that giant morass of pictures that is also known as my hard drive. It was taken in April of 2005 with my Nikon Coolpix 5400. I really have a warm spot in my heart over that camera. I still have it and after years of abuse it still works perfectly. The only thing is at 5 megapixels the file size is a little small. One time I left this camera at work overnight and the sprinklers went off for about 20 minutes on it. I carefully dried it out with some low heat and compressed air and it was fine. I even got the pictures that were on the card. I wouldn’t recommend getting your camera that wet. I probably lucked out. This picture won a photo-of-the day contest.

We went out and saw some of the gardens today. Everything seemed to make through the winter okay. A couple of the Broadleaf Evergreens, mostly Pieris and Hollies, had a bit of a rough time. All in all it doesn’t look like winter took much of a toll but it was a preliminary look around.

No comments: