Friday, May 01, 2009

Darwin Hybrid Tulips


Darwin Hybrid Tulips
Tulipa 'Apeldoorn'
Tulipa 'Golden Apeldoorn'
(TOO-li-pa)
Division 4 - Darwin Hybrids

These are a couple of the 3,500 bulbs we planted last fall. I almost didn’t get to see them since I haven’t been working at that garden lately. There are still a lot of Tulips and a few Daffs to come out. I was real happy with the two types of Apeldoorn that bloomed. We made our own mixture that had two times as much red and that worked out pretty well. Posting “home grown” flowers on this blog always makes me happy.


Darwin Tulips seem, in my experience, to be one of the best perennial types. They are quite hardy and do well even when the spring weather isn’t that great. They are named after the city in the Netherlands.

Work is kind of booming right now. It has taken me totally by surprise. 6:30am to 6:30pm has been my daily schedule. Not sure what summer will bring but right now it is time to live the moment.

In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful.

No comments: