Thursday, May 28, 2009

Oriental Poppy Center


Oriental Poppy
Papaver orientale
(puh-PAY-ver)

One thing that is great about this particular poppy is that it has been truly perennial. It is several years old now and continues to come up and bloom. It fades away during the summer but it is always a nice splash of color at this time of year.

We just planted a lot of Iceland Poppy (Papaver nudicale 'Garden Gnome') and I am not sure those are going to be perennial. I did tell the owner of the garden to enjoy them now as it is hit or miss about returning.

1 comment:

Sara Chapman said...

Hi Chris,

I posted a flower photo that is worthy of your nikon and your skill. It's all about the light, isn't it? I do love the poppies and miss the ones I had like this from my last house. Guess I should get some more! Lovely macro.

Sara