Saturday, June 13, 2009

Miss Mary Garden Peony



Garden Peony
Paeonia lactifloraMiss Mary
(pay-OHN-ee-uh) (lak-tee-FLOR-uh)

This peony was introduced by William H. Krekler in 1967. It is a really nice red single flowered type. These pictures were taken in my friend’s garden and I guess I had never visited when this peony was blooming. He has been dividing it and keeps planting the divisions down the side of a long stonewall. There were a lot of flowers in the patch last week and it gave an overall very nice effect.


If you like Daffodils this site may be of interest:
First Daffodils

There is a lot of beautiful photography over there. The landscapes that the Daffs are growing in are better than the flowers in some instances.

2 comments:

Debra Howard said...

Oh wow they are so pretty. I am going to have to get a catalog of peonies and order some more now. I just wish they lasted longer here in Texas. Great pictures
Debbie

Indrani said...

Beautiful flowers!
So refreshing really!