Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Daisy


Summer Daisy
Argyranthemum frutescens 'Molimba Mini Yellow'
(ar-ji-RAN-the-mum) (froo-TESS-enz)
Synonyms: Argyelsin, Marguerite Daisy

This little Marguerite Daisy has been blooming continuously since we planted it a couple of weeks ago. I have been deadheading it even though I had read it wasn’t necessary. It is quite short for a Daisy, as it has only grown to about 8 inches tall. The color is nice and sunny and the foliage is finely cut and a handsome green.

Work is still really going strong and today we are planting 13 dozen 7 inch impatiens pots as well as some perennials to cover where the bulbs bloomed. I have three more planting jobs lined up so I hope this rainy cool weather holds out for a little longer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those summer daisies are beautiful and your image is equally amazing.

misti said...

All of those impatiens...do you like them? I have turned my nose up to them over the past few years. They are finiky, leggy, and difficult sometimes.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Thanks T & S.

misti, how ya' doin'. Impatiens do well around here providing a carpet of color in shady areas. Nothing really seems to bother them. There are an additional 40 dozen 4 inch impatiens pots planted at the same house. I will try and post a picture of them later in the season.