Saturday, June 05, 2010

Austin Rose ‘Graham Thomas’


Austin Rose ‘Graham Thomas’

While going through the hundred rose photos I took last weekend. I picked these two but didn’t know they were related. The first is the English rose ‘Graham Thomas’, which is named after the great horticulturist. What can you say about a rose that is this color, has a good habit, is free flowering and has a nice fragrance? It is one of my favorite Austin roses.

When I picked out this second picture I did want a rose that had a similar color. Little did I know that ‘Graham Thomas’ was one of the parents of this Pioneer rose. ‘Stephen F. Austin’ had a very unusual color. It was a little pink, a little white and a little yellow all at the same time. It was very intriguing when viewed as a complete bush. This rose was introduced in 2006 by the Antique Rose Emporium and is named after the “Father of Texas”.

2 comments:

i beati said...

This first rose what is the actual color- champagne then darker??

Joanne Olivieri said...

The pollyantha rose has that crisp vivid coloring and is just so unique looking. Lovely photographs