Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lime Green Flowering Tobacco


Lime Green Flowering Tobacco
Nicotiana alata 'Lime Green'
(nih-koe-shee-AY-nah) (ah-LAY-tah)

Is lime green the new pink for gardeners? It sometimes seems that lime colored plants are taking over. I have personally planted ‘Limemound’ Spirea, ‘Lime Sublime’ Roses and ‘Lime Rickey’ Coral Bells this year. This flowering tobacco has a really strong lime coloring as both the flowers and foliage impart the color. This plant almost glows under the right conditions and maybe that is the attraction.

Nicotiana is a nicely fragrant annual that likes full sun or part shade with moist soil. It is a native of North and South America. Since the plant contains nicotine it is considered poisonous if ingested.


See more flowers from all over the world at Today’s Flowers .

9 comments:

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

I've never seen a lime tobacco plant before.......... I do like lime in the garden too.

lotusleaf said...

Yes, lime green flowers seem to be becoming favourites. Your Nicotiana is very pretty. I have not seen this before.

Joanne Olivieri said...

Tobacco has never looked so pretty. I've never seen this before and thanks so much for the information.

Naturegirl said...

Lime green is certainly a color I am using more and more of in my own garden! I shall have to invest in these lime flowers! Thank you for posting!I also use that clor as an accent in my home..the room that looks out at the garden!

Killara girl said...

i love small flowers & these are beautiful...you photos do it justice.

Anonymous said...

I have a question about your photos. Do you have an e-mail address where I can contact you?

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Thanks for the comments. I guess the lime colored plants are popular.
Anonymous, I wold like to hear from you at
digitalflowerpictures@yahoo.com

Kala said...

I have seen flowering tobacco before, but never in this color! Thanks for sharing Digital Flower

Indrani said...

Beautiful lime green flowers, I have never seen them before.