Thursday, June 24, 2010

Simply Scentsational Heliotrope



Simply Scentsational Heliotrope
Heliotropium hybrid
(hee-lee-oh-TROH-pee-um)

If you send my wife to the nursery to buy annuals you know she will return with some Heliotrope if they have any, that is a given. This year she returned with the ‘regular’ dark purple type that we always grow and this new (to me) type. It wasn’t impressive in its little 4-inch pot but after planting in a few containers has come into its own. It seems Proven Winners has combined the nice traits from two different species of Heliotrope and came up with a winner. The fragrance is really nice and the soft kind of pastel colors has won me over.

We are headed to Cleveland for the weekend for a wedding. So I’m not sure what the Internet or flower story is going to be out there so I may not be posting but I am going try and keep up here.

Simply Scentsational does not feature the traditional umbrel type flowers. They sometimes grow with this kind of modified small plume.

2 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh wonderful, would bring sunshine to any garden! In fact I was feeling rather low myself and this has lifted my spirit I can tell you! Dx

Kala said...

Sensational is right. Lovely shots!