Thursday, June 24, 2010

Simply Scentsational Heliotrope

Simply Scentsational Heliotrope
Heliotropium hybrid

If you send my wife to the nursery to buy annuals you know she will return with some Heliotrope if they have any, that is a given. This year she returned with the ‘regular’ dark purple type that we always grow and this new (to me) type. It wasn’t impressive in its little 4-inch pot but after planting in a few containers has come into its own. It seems Proven Winners has combined the nice traits from two different species of Heliotrope and came up with a winner. The fragrance is really nice and the soft kind of pastel colors has won me over.

We are headed to Cleveland for the weekend for a wedding. So I’m not sure what the Internet or flower story is going to be out there so I may not be posting but I am going try and keep up here.

Simply Scentsational does not feature the traditional umbrel type flowers. They sometimes grow with this kind of modified small plume.


mrsnesbitt said...

Oh wonderful, would bring sunshine to any garden! In fact I was feeling rather low myself and this has lifted my spirit I can tell you! Dx

i beati said...


Kala said...

Sensational is right. Lovely shots!