Monday, December 01, 2008

Cyclamen Daffodil - Jack Snipe

Cyclamen Daffodil
Narcissus 'Jack Snipe'
(nar-SIS-us)

This is a dwarf Daffodil that only reaches 10 inches tall. It is an early bloomer that naturalizes well. I am posting this Daff picture to help me remember to throw the 450 Daffodils we still have to plant in the truck this morning. They were purchased at 50% off the wholesale price so it was good deal. They just have to get in the ground. After all these are planted that will be about 1,750 Daffodils we planted this season.

Dwarf Daffodils are a personal favorite. It doesn’t necessarily mean they are small as some of the cultivars have fairly large flowers ( but nothing like a King Alfred type). They tend to be less messy especially in beds and borders than there larger cousins. ‘Jack Snipe’ is nice with its swept back white petals and yellow trumpet.

Thanks to all the visitors from Today’s Flowers yesterday. I certainly saw some great flower pictures on the links I had time to click.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a giant patch of daffodils you have there! Can't wait to see photos when they bloom!

WiseAcre said...

Any bulbs left? I never got a chance to plant bulbs this year since I had my hands full planting stone. Now that I have the time to go down to Long Island I figured no one would have any bulbs.

The nice thing about 'end of season' is I have time to make the blog rounds again. I've been away too long.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I was wondering if you could help me with something: what are some nice flowers typically planted on Long Island in the Spring, Summer, and Fall, respectively?

Thanks.

JR

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Thanks for the comments. I have to come over and see how that camera is working Wise Acre.

Hi brown, I am sure there will be a lot of photos. Its going to be a long winter waiting for them to come up.


JR, Thanks for visiting Digital Flower Pictures dot com. Most everything seems to grow well in Long Island. I would recommend the 3 D's to get started with. Daffodils, Daylilies, Dahlias. Hollies and roses seem to be outstanding on LI also.