Monday, April 19, 2010

Globe Daisy


Globe Daisy
Globularia punctata
(glob-yoo-LAR-ee-uh) (punk-TAH-tah)

This is a plant that I hadn’t seen before. Its flossy headed flower was cute and a bit like Ageratum. It pretty much stumped Google and the most information that was available is that it is an alpine type plant that is native to temperate Asia and Southern Europe. Anyone who was grown it should feel free to chime in on the comment section with cultural info. This was spotted on my nursery adventure on Sunday. It was $24.95 for a quart (small) pot so I didn’t pick any up although the flower color was nice and they were blooming from a bushy dark green low rosette.

2 comments:

Annelie said...

I've never seen it either. Sure is neat though.
Sounds like a lot of money for a quart, would have left it too.

Annelie

DeniseinVA said...

I hope someone can help you with more information. It is a beautiful flower.