Monday, July 05, 2010

Couple of Black and Whites from the Weekend



Coneflower
Echinacea purpurea
(ek-in-AY-shee-a)

A couple of black and white flowers from the weekend. Shot in monochrome with the D700. Coneflowers aren’t quite blooming in my neighborhood but were out full force 60 miles to the south. This macro is a regular pink type of Coneflower. I am pretty sure that there will be a few new cultivars and types to see this year if history repeats itself. The second shot was an unnamed Asiatic lily. They have really been doing nicely this season.

8 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

DFP: Neat captures in B&W.

Lin said...

How pretty they are in black and white. I'll need to try that. Coneflowers are pretty well opened here in Chicago, but we had a warm spring.
Thanks for stopping by my blog, your comment is appreciated! Hope you're feeling well!
Lin

jams o donnell said...

Superb! THe lily photo is magnificent

carensmoja said...

wow! it so pretty... :D

stan said...

the sunflower shot is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Some of you best yet! Love the Lily.

catsynth said...

Black-and-white brings out such interesting qualities in images. In the first, the texture, in the second, I see the shape of the flower and the light.

Kala said...

I love the detail of the coneflower in monochrome.