Monday, July 12, 2010

Honey And Spice Daylily


Daylily
Hemerocallis 'Honey And Spice'
(hem-er-oh-KAL-iss)

This macro photograph doesn’t quite show the variations of yellow and orange that this flower has. It is a shorter, more compact, Daylily that grows to about 24 inches tall. The flowers are a good size and the plant was just covered with them giving a bright and sunny appearance. ‘Honey and Spice’ was introduced in 1992.

It is going to be another hot and dry day here. I have to load the truck with something I normally don’t, extra hoses. The weekend rain never materialized so some of the new plantings and transplants are at risk. We have the chance for some isolated showers this week and I will be hoping some black clouds roll over me.

3 comments:

Pat's Addition said...

Thanks for the name of the bleeding heart...didn't know it. Going to buy another tomorrow at a local garden center.

Les said...

I spent three days camping last week and saturated my garden with expensive city water before I left. It rained everyday I was camping, but on the bright side we got a good soaking at home on Sat. I came back to happy plants.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful shot! Thanks for the visit.