Friday, February 06, 2009

Point Loma - Cabrillo National Monument


Point Loma - Cabrillo National Monument
Skywatch Friday

One of my favorite vistas in the San Diego area is Point Loma. Set high above the city with a lighthouse, whale watching area and endless sea views the overlook is dramatic and beautiful. We spent a few hours watching the military ships and aircraft moving in and out of the harbor (finally saw that nuclear sub!).


Today it is rainy and that is supposed to stick around for a couple of days. I have a feeling that is going to bring even more flowers to this area. We had such a great stretch of weather that a little rain is going to dampen my spirits. The plants in the small garden at the house already look refreshed.


For other skies around the world visit Skywatch Friday Home Page.
Skywatch Friday

For more on
Point Loma

6 comments:

Helen/patientgardener said...

Thanks for sharing your photos of San Diego - its not a city I know much about.

Judy said...

Such a tidy picket fence, and then I scrolled to the second photo!!! Oh, my but that is a beautiful landscape!!
Thanks for sharing!

Grammy said...

I love all your blue sky views.
Grammy
Missouri, USA

Jane Hards Photography said...

Stunning top shot.

Mary said...

Lovely shots of a lovely place. I remember visiting the quaint little lighthouse...so small!

Unknown said...

Your photos are all beautiful, I can't decide which one is my favorite.