Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yellow Wonga Wonga Vine



Yellow Wonga Wonga Vine
Pandorea pandorana
(pan-DOH-ree-uh) (pan-DOR-an-uh)


This is another of the flowers that I have been photographing without knowing what it was. The botanical diversity here continues to amaze me. I found this flower by googling ‘yellow vine with red markings’ and the San Marcos Grower link was it. There is a lot of information on this link to san marcos growers.com.

Yesterday we drove up to Julian and they had some snow. It was quite dramatic driving back to San Diego and the 70 degree temperature.

3 comments:

Les said...

I'm not sure which I like better, the common name or the latin name.

stan said...

the yellow blooms look so much like rippened banana skins.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Stunning pictures! The flower does look like ripened banana skins like stan said! :)