Saturday, February 07, 2009

Snapdragons


Snapdragons
Antirrhinum majus
(an-TEE-ry-num) (MAY-jus)

Recently there were some Dwarf Snapdragons posted here and these are the taller types. They seem to grow really well here and don’t flop over like at home. I definitely am going to be trying some snaps this year. Some of colors, like in the second photo, are quite amazing.


These pictures were shot in just one of the hundreds of little annual plantings that are all over the place here. Most of what we would consider early spring annuals are included. Flowers like Alyssum, Primroses and Pansies and quite a few types of Poppies.

There has been quite a bit of rain the last couple of days and there is a little more on the way. The rain is not that steady there are intervals of sunshine between the showers. The rain has already been working it’s magic on the non-irrigated plantings, with newer and darker shades of green coming out.

Both of these pictures were shot with the D700 and the 105mm macro lens.

5 comments:

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Those are pretty snaps! Mine didn't get as tall as they were supposed to last year.

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

I've always wondered and reminded myself to ask the name of these flowers. Today I've gotten my answer, from your beautiful capture of them :)

Anonymous said...

I love snapdragons! They are a favorite of mine and I wish they grew better here. They did great in Texas growing up and my brother and I would chase each other while we snapped the flowers!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Thanks for the comments. Snaps are a garden classic.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is nice
keep them updated

I really like the style and the pictures.

Bali Tours Guide and Bali Driver

Best regards
Dayu

http://www.prettybalitours.com