Friday, February 13, 2009

Three Annuals

Sweet Alyssum
Lobularia maritima
(lob-yoo-LAR-ee-uh) (muh-RIT-tim-muh)

The annuals have been providing good fodder for the camera. This Alyssum was actually from a huge patch growing near the sidewalk. The Ranunculus was a beautiful red and they seem to be just starting to bloom. The cream-colored flower is some sort of Phlox, I think. The little garden that this Phlox was growing in had several colors of the flower but this champagne colored one was my favorite.


These pictures were all taken in our neighborhood in Pacific Beach. There are some lovely gardens and interesting plants within a few blocks of the house. I am not sure what people think of me taking pictures but someone was waving to me the other day as I took a picture of their Aloe forest.

2 comments:

Leora said...

I'm enjoying all your flower photos. We currently have nothing in bloom now; still too cold. Beautiful photo of the white phlox. I miss my white alyssum. It will be back soon enough, right?

Judy said...

I love the shadows on the ranunculus and the phlox!!
Spring will come again, but not for another month at least. Sigh! I will simply have to admire your flowers and wish...